- Bills OC Nathaniel Hackett admits first-round pick E.J. Manuel needs work on “everything.”
- DeMarco Murray missed the first day of Cowboys OTAs on Tuesday with a hamstring “tweak.”
- The NFL has awarded Super Bowl L to San Francisco, and Super Bowl LI to Houston.
- Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg says the quarterback competition between Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez may be over before training camp.
- Bills second-round WR Robert Woods is penciled in as the No. 2 receiver.
- Seahawks DE Cliff Avril is sitting out OTAs with plantar fascia in his foot.
- Chargers WR Vincent Brown said his ankle is “100 percent.”
- Profootballtalk.com reports the lingering infection has cleared from Rob Gronkowski‘s arm, and his new plate was installed during Monday’s surgery.
- Redskins GM Bruce Allen conceded it’s “too early to tell” whether Robert Griffin III (ACL, LCL surgery) will be ready on the first day of training camp.
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports free agent Charles Woodson is “intrigued” by the idea of finishing his career in Oakland.
- The Cardinals’ website writes that second-year WR Michael Floyd appears to have made “a big leap” in his second NFL offseason.
- The Chiefs have been tinkering with Pistol Spread formations at OTAs.
- Calvin Johnson – Jerry Chandy
- Roddy White – Sunil
- Darren McFadden – Sean
- David Wilson – Paul
- Dez Bryant – Paul
- Wes Welker – JJ
- Brandon Marshall – Ticil
- Jay Cutler – Sunil
- Mike Wallace – Rojan
- Eddie Lacy – Neil
- DeAndre Hopkins – Sunil
- Tavon Austin – Neil
1) Aaron Rogers*
2) Adrian Peterson*
3) Arian Foster*
4) Calvin Johnson
5) Dez Bryant
6) Roddy White
7) Wes Welker
8) Brandon Marshall
9) Dwayne Bowe
10) Ryan Matthews
11) Mike Wallace
12) Darren McFadden
*expected to be franchised
Results of the draft lottery:
1st pick – Combination 5,6,8 – Jerry
2nd pick – Combination 2,6,9 – Sanjay
3rd pick – Combination 2,4,9 – Kuru
Picks 4-6 are still determined by record
4th – Sunil
5th – Paul
6th – Jinu
- Reggie Bush – 4 years, $16M – GRADE: A
Great value at a position of need. I was scared that the Lions would bid against themselves and overpay, but they did a good job. The biggest bonus: he counts only $2M against the cap.
- Jason Jones – 3 Years, $9.5M – GRADE: B
Jones will have to perform right away. He has two solid DT that will soak up most of the attention, so he better show that he’s more than a bit player and show he can be the #1 guy.
- Chris Houston – 5 Years, $25M – GRADE: A
While at first glance it seems crazy to pay Houston that kind of money, in reality it more like a 3 year, 16-18M contract and I think that’s more than reasonable for the only positive on the Lions’ secondary. They couldn’t afford to lose him.
- Quentin Glover – S – contract unknown
I love this signing. He is a former CB with good instincts and depending on the contract could be an A grade. He did excellent at S. Great step in fixing the backside of the defense.
- Matt Elam – S – Florida
He has good speed and can help out in both the pass and rush game. He instinctively seems to go to the ball and man can he put up some good hits. A steal in the second round.
- Kevin Minter – LB – LSU
This is a wish and a prayer that he falls this far. He will probably be a first round pick, but I’m hoping with a few QB reaches by desperate teams (looking at you Cleveland and Arizona) hopefully he falls. Oh what a beautiful day. I was disappointed in his 40 times but sometimes pure instinct and gamespeed makes up for the analytics.
- Margus Hunt – DE – SMU
Another raw, athletically talented player. Great on run help but needs to learn some pass rush technique. His athleticism will carry him far, but he needs to complete the package.
- Alex Okafor – DE – Texas
He might need to gain a little more weight but I really think he has the good technique and speed to come off the right edge. If he can gain some strength and get a good push off the line, he could be a great bookend.
- Datone Jones – DE – UCLA
Another I expect to go in the first but just in case doesn’t what a get. A raw on the pass rush, but hunts down running plays like a laser target.